Thursday, April 30, 2009

A good laugh

Jared and I went to my doctors appointment yesterday. It was the first time he checked me to see if I was dilating. Sure enough, I was a 3 and 50% effaced. He said the baby has dropped and my cervix was soft and getting ready and said I would probably go soon. He told me to go ahead and schedule an appointment for next week but I probably wouldn't make it that long. Normally someone being told all that would be getting really excited and would probably pack for the hospital as soon as they got home. Jared and I just laughed and told him we'd see him next week. I did the same thing with Crue. Four weeks before I was due I was a 3 and 70%. Between that point and when I went in to be started (I went two weeks over) I went to a 5 and I want to say around 80% effaced. I had my membranes stripped at one point. Never had a contraction. Never went into labor. Jared and I were both expecting to be told that I was dilating again this time and are both expecting not to go early. So it was pretty funny. We'll see what happens. The doctor did tell me I was measuring a little small which kind of surprised me because I got a pretty big belly with Crue. I'm guessing it's because instead of a desk job like with Crue, I'm watching a bunch of kids and definitely get my exercise in. Or maybe I'll just have a smaller boy this time. Or both. Who knows.
I really do hope I make it to my due date for a few reasons. The first is because 3 of the kids I watch have parents that work at a school or are going to school and will be done in 3 weeks. It would be nice to be able to finish up the school year and then they don't have to worry about finding someone else (and I don't have to worry about calling so many people). Another is because there are so many birthdays in May that I want him to have a June birthday (there's 3 family members with April birthdays and 4 with May birthdays). The only relatives with June birthdays are my dad's brother and cousin that share the same birthday. So no immediate family. And the last and biggest reason is because I'm taking two months off from watching kids after he's born. If I have him at the beginning of June, then I will get June and July off and then start back in August, which is right about when the kids with parents working at/going to school will be ready to start. And I would have the two main months of the summer off so I can take the boys to the park and go do other things with them. We'll see what happens though. You never know - I could go early, on time, or late. I really hope I go on my own this time (rather than being started - it wasn't bad, I just want to go on my own). I'll keep you updated with how things are going. Sorry for such a long post!

5 comments:

Terina said...

Please do keep us updated!!! Cant wait to see pics of this little guy!!

Bradley Clan said...

Tell him to wait till June 7th, that is Scotlyn's Birthday. Not that it will make a difference, they come when they want to. Whenever he decides, Good Luck!

Monkeys ARDently In Sinc said...

I'll keep my fingers cross for a non-May birthday...too many birthdays alreadt - it could get to be a November-like month for our family, ya know? lol

Crystal-lynn said...

:) It will be exciting to hear if this go a lot the same as with Crue, or if you different boys will just do their own thing. It's great to read your updates, even when I don't get to very often!

Jessica said...

You are lucky to be a 3 already. I hope you go until June too, it will all work out perfectly, I am sure! All I ask is that you try really hard to have that baby in the middle of the night on a night I work...ok?